Friday, March 8, 2019

SAINT QUOTE OF THE DAY : Saturday - March 09, 2019

Related image
image.png
Saturday - March 09, 2019


image.png

“The Lord measures out perfection neither by the multitude nor the magnitude of our deeds, but by the manner in which we perform them.”

– St. John of the Cross


Inline image 1

 

March 9 2019

 
« March 8  |  March 10 »

Saturday after Ash Wednesday
Lectionary: 222

Reading 1IS 58:9B-14

Thus says the LORD:
If you remove from your midst oppression,
false accusation and malicious speech;
If you bestow your bread on the hungry
and satisfy the afflicted;
Then light shall rise for you in the darkness,
and the gloom shall become for you like midday;
Then the LORD will guide you always
and give you plenty even on the parched land.
He will renew your strength,
and you shall be like a watered garden,
like a spring whose water never fails.
The ancient ruins shall be rebuilt for your sake,
and the foundations from ages past you shall raise up;
"Repairer of the breach," they shall call you,
"Restorer of ruined homesteads."

If you hold back your foot on the sabbath
from following your own pursuits on my holy day;
If you call the sabbath a delight,
and the LORD's holy day honorable;
If you honor it by not following your ways,
seeking your own interests, or speaking with maliceB
Then you shall delight in the LORD,
and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;
I will nourish you with the heritage of Jacob, your father,
for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

Responsorial PsalmPS 86:1-2, 3-4, 5-6

R. (11ab)  Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
Incline your ear, O LORD; answer me,
for I am afflicted and poor.
Keep my life, for I am devoted to you;
save your servant who trusts in you. 
You are my God.
R. Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for to you I call all the day.
Gladden the soul of your servant,
for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
R. Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in kindness to all who call upon you.
Hearken, O LORD, to my prayer
and attend to the sound of my pleading.
R. Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.

Verse Before The GospelEZ 33:11

I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked man, says the Lord,
but rather in his conversion, that he may live.

GospelLK 5:27-32

Jesus saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the customs post.
He said to him, "Follow me."
And leaving everything behind, he got up and followed him.
Then Levi gave a great banquet for him in his house,
and a large crowd of tax collectors
and others were at table with them.
The Pharisees and their scribes complained to his disciples, saying,
"Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?"
Jesus said to them in reply,
"Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do.
I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners."
***************************************************************************Inline image 2
FINDING LIGHT IN OUR DARK DIFFICULT MOMENTS!
Related image
This Saturday's readings remind me of how, during difficult times, we have a constant tug of war within ourselves. One side of us prefers and chooses to indulge in ourselves -- whether it be in our pains or in the pleasures of the world, whereas the other side of us hears the soft whispering of God reminding us that a choice or action could potentially lead us further into darkness or sin.
Like in Isaiah 58:9B-14, if we find enough strength to go against our natural inclinations, we can choose to follow Jesus' ways -- whether in speech, action, or choices -- and not to seek after our own interests. But doing it by our own efforts can be too hard. So God promises that he will in fact renew our strength and give us plenty more light and guidance in the darkness. I summarize this as grace: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9)
It was this verse from 2nd Corinthians that kept ringing in my head during my difficult period. I realized it was God who had been my invisible strength, keeping me going in my ministry work. Despite my natural inclination to grieve, I felt moved and chose to help others instead. And that unexpectedly became my source of joy and healing.
Whenever Jesus calls out for us to follow him, it will likely go against our natural inclinations. However, let us be like Levi (in Luke 5:28) who got up, left everything and followed Jesus without asking any questions. When God sees that we are choosing to follow his ways, he gives us his grace to accomplish his will his way.
Keep your eyes on Jesus!
Look to the past with gratitude.
Live the present with passion.
Move into the future with hope.
Find creative ways to proclaim the gospel of joy!
(Wisdom by Pope Francis)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless You.....
Rosary Family
The mother of Jesus promised St. Dominic that, “one day through the rosary & the scapular I shall save the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment