Sunday, March 3, 2019

SAINT QUOTE OF THE DAY : Monday - March 04, 2019

Image result for change my heart god
image.png
Monday - March 04, 2019


"There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers."

--St. Teresa of Avila



Inline image 1

 

March 4 2019

 
« March 3  |  March 5 »

Monday of the Eighth Week in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 347

Reading 1SIR 17:20-24

To the penitent God provides a way back,
he encourages those who are losing hope
and has chosen for them the lot of truth.
Return to him and give up sin,
pray to the LORD and make your offenses few.
Turn again to the Most High and away from your sin,
hate intensely what he loathes,
and know the justice and judgments of God,
Stand firm in the way set before you,
in prayer to the Most High God.

Who in the nether world can glorify the Most High
in place of the living who offer their praise?
Dwell no longer in the error of the ungodly,
but offer your praise before death.
No more can the dead give praise 
than those who have never lived;
You who are alive and well 
shall praise and glorify God in his mercies.
How great the mercy of the LORD,
his forgiveness of those who return to him!

Responsorial PsalmPS 32:1-2, 5, 6, 7

R. (11a)  Let the just exult and rejoice in the Lord.
Blessed is he whose fault is taken away, 
whose sin is covered.
Blessed the man to whom the LORD imputes not guilt,
in whose spirit there is no guile.
R. Let the just exult and rejoice in the Lord.
Then I acknowledged my sin to you, 
my guilt I covered not.
I said, "I confess my faults to the LORD,"
and you took away the guilt of my sin.
R. Let the just exult and rejoice in the Lord.
For this shall every faithful man pray to you 
in time of stress.
Though deep waters overflow,
they shall not reach him.
R. Let the just exult and rejoice in the Lord.
You are my shelter; from distress you will preserve me;
with glad cries of freedom you will ring me round.
R. Let the just exult and rejoice in the Lord.

Alleluia2 COR 8:9

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus Christ became poor although he was rich,
so that by his poverty you might become rich.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

GospelMK 10:17-27

As Jesus was setting out on a journey, a man ran up,
knelt down before him, and asked him,
"Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
Jesus answered him, "Why do you call me good?
No one is good but God alone.
You know the commandments: You shall not kill;
you shall not commit adultery;
you shall not steal;
you shall not bear false witness;
you shall not defraud;
honor your father and your mother."

He replied and said to him,
"Teacher, all of these I have observed from my youth."
Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said to him,
"You are lacking in one thing.
Go, sell what you have, and give to the poor
and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me."
At that statement, his face fell,  
and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

Jesus looked around and said to his disciples,
"How hard it is for those who have wealth
to enter the Kingdom of God!"
The disciples were amazed at his words.
So Jesus again said to them in reply,
"Children, how hard it is to enter the Kingdom of God!
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
than for one who is rich to enter the Kingdom of God.”
They were exceedingly astonished and said among themselves,
“Then who can be saved?”
Jesus looked at them and said,
“For men it is impossible, but not for God.
All things are possible for God.”
***************************************************************************Inline image 2
Unwilling to change? Let God do it!  

Image result for change my heart god

Have you noticed that when you've made great progress on your spiritual journey, Jesus smiles at you and says, "Ahhh, this is good, very good! The Father and I are very pleased with you." But then he adds: "There's something else I want you to do." He knocks you off your chair of cozy self-contentment and invites you to more purification.
I get so tired of that!
That's what happened to the poor lad (or should I say, the rich young man) who gleefully ran up to Jesus in today's Gospel passage. He'd been dutifully obeying all of God's commandments. With such commendable holiness credentials, he thought he had earned an open door to heaven. But Jesus knew that in the man's heart he was self-satisfied while doing only the minimum and living a mediocre faith.
So Jesus invited him to see the commandments differently. Notice that he did not condemn the man. Neither does Jesus condemn us when we need purification. He knows that we truly desire to be holy. With tremendous love, he brings to our attention the shortcomings of our obedience and teaches us the greatest commandment: the Law of Love.
But we frown as that young man did. Our flesh nature does not enjoy giving up its self-satisfied limitations that we impose on God's commandments. This is why Jesus emphasizes: "For you, it IS impossible, but not for God!"
Trusting God to do in me what I cannot do for myself has proven to be an excellent strategy. For example, several years ago I found myself staring silently at a priest during confession. I was angry toward someone who "deserved" my anger. I could say I forgave him, but I did not want to stop being angry, because if I became nicey-nice, this guy would not get the point that I'd been trying to make and which he so obviously needed to learn.
The priest asked me if I was willing to let God change my attitude, even though I wasn't willing to change it myself. I could not get my mouth to say yes, but I did manage to force my head to nod. That was all Jesus needed! Through the priest, Jesus absolved me of my sins and empowered me with a supernatural grace from his Holy Spirit. When I walked out of the room, a new peace flooded me. Not of my own accord, but thanks be to God, I was truly a new creation!
What sin are you unwilling to quit? What change have you been avoiding? What disobedience makes logical sense? (By the way, reading these Good News Reflections is very dangerous, because when the Holy Spirit reveals a sin through them, you're accountable for it -- no excuses, you have to either repent or walk away sad.)
Tell Jesus that you don't want to stop justifying your sin, but give him permission to re-create you according to his loving kindness. With God, change is very possible -- and joyful!
Today's Prayer:
Lord, with your Spirit fill all of my being. May the Holy Spirit guide my feelings, my thoughts and my life. Make me a disciple who's courageous in love for the good works You have prepared for me since eternity. Amen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless You.....
Rosary Family
The mother of Jesus promised St. Dominic that, “one day through the rosary & the scapular I shall save the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment