Friday, April 30, 2021

SAINT QUOTE OF THE DAY : Saturday - May 01, 2021


  
Saturday - May 01, 2021

image.png

"As mariners are guided into port by the shining of a star, so Christians are guided to heaven by Mary."

 - Saint Thomas Aquinas


Inline image 1

May 1, 2021

Saturday of the Fourth Week of Easter
Lectionary: 284

 

On the following sabbath

almost the whole city

gathered to hear the word of the Lord.

When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy

and with violent abuse contradicted what Paul said.

Both Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said,

“It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first,

but since you reject it

and condemn yourselves as unworthy of eternal life,

we now turn to the Gentiles.

For so the Lord has commanded us,

    I have made you a light to the Gentiles,

    that you may be an instrument of salvation

    to the ends of the earth.”

 

The Gentiles were delighted when they heard this

and glorified the word of the Lord.

All who were destined for eternal life came to believe,

and the word of the Lord continued to spread

through the whole region.

The Jews, however, incited the women of prominence who were worshipers

and the leading men of the city,

stirred up a persecution against Paul and Barnabas,

and expelled them from their territory.

So they shook the dust from their feet in protest against them

and went to Iconium.

The disciples were filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.

 

 

Responsorial Psalm                                              98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4

 

R.    (3cd)  All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.

or:

R.    Alleluia.

 

Sing to the LORD a new song,

    for he has done wondrous deeds;

His right hand has won victory for him,

    his holy arm.

R.    All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.

or:

R.    Alleluia.

The LORD has made his salvation known:

    in the sight of the nations he has revealed his justice.

He has remembered his kindness and his faithfulness

    toward the house of Israel.

R.    All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.

or:

R.    Alleluia.

All the ends of the earth have seen

    the salvation by our God.

Sing joyfully to the LORD, all you lands;

    break into song; sing praise.

R.    All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.

or:

R.    Alleluia.

 

Alleluia                                                                      Jn 8:31b-32

R. Alleluia, alleluia.

If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples,

and you will know the truth, says the Lord.

R. Alleluia, alleluia.

 

Gospel                                                                       Jn 14:7-14

Jesus said to his disciples:

“If you know me, then you will also know my Father.

From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

Philip said to Jesus,

“Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.”

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time

and you still do not know me, Philip?

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.

How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?

The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own.

The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.

Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me,

or else, believe because of the works themselves.

Amen, amen, I say to you,

whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,

and will do greater ones than these,

because I am going to the Father.

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do,

so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.”

 

*****************************************Inline image 2


Memorial of St. Joseph the Worker


The feast of St. Joseph the Worker was established by Pope Pius XII in 1955 in order to Christianize the concept of labor and give to all workmen a model and a protector. By the daily labor in his shop, offered to God with patience and joy, St. Joseph provided for the necessities of his holy spouse and of the Incarnate Son of God, and thus became an example to all laborers. "Workmen and all those laboring in conditions of poverty will have reasons to rejoice rather than grieve, since they have in common with the Holy Family daily preoccupations and cares"(Leo XIII).

A Prayer on Memorial of St. Joseph the Worker

Saint Joseph the WorkerGod My Father, the Feast Day of Saint Joseph the Worker was instituted to draw attention to the dignity of labor, and to remind us of the spirituality of our jobs. I give the workers of my family and circle of friends—and their jobs—to Saint Joseph’s intercession, and I especially ask for his prayers in the protection and guidance of husbands and fathers. Help us to view these men—and all workers—with the same appreciation as You have, O Lord. Teach us to prioritize our jobs rightly, for the sake of loving our families, and lead the unemployed to work that is right for them. Saint Joseph the Worker, pray for us. Amen.

-----------------------------------------------

God Bless You.....

The Rosary Family
The mother of Jesus promised St. Dominic that, “one day through the rosary & the scapular I shall save the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment