Wednesday, October 28, 2020

SAINT QUOTE OF THE DAY - Thursday - October 29, 2020



image.png

Thursday - October 29, 2020


image.png

“The devotions we practice in honor of the glorious Virgin Mary, however trifling they may be, are very pleasing to Her Divine Son, and He rewards them with eternal glory.”


~~St. Teresa of Avila



Inline image 1

 

October 29, 2020

Thursday of the Thirtieth Week in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 482

 

Reading 1                                                     EPH 6:10-20

Brothers and sisters:

Draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.

Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm

against the tactics of the Devil.

For our struggle is not with flesh and blood

but with the principalities, with the powers,

with the world rulers of this present darkness,

with the evil spirits in the heavens.

Therefore, put on the armor of God,

that you may be able to resist on the evil day

and, having done everything, to hold your ground.

So stand fast with your loins girded in truth,

clothed with righteousness as a breastplate,

and your feet shod in readiness for the Gospel of peace.

In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield,

to quench all the flaming arrows of the Evil One.

And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit,

which is the word of God.

 

With all prayer and supplication,

pray at every opportunity in the Spirit.

To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication

for all the holy ones and also for me,

that speech may be given me to open my mouth,

to make known with boldness the mystery of the Gospel

for which I am an ambassador in chains,

so that I may have the courage to speak as I must.

 

Responsorial Psalm                                              144:1B, 2, 9-10

 

R. (1b) Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!

 

Blessed be the LORD, my rock,

who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war.

R. Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!

 

My mercy and my fortress,

my stronghold, my deliverer,

My shield, in whom I trust,

who subdues my people under me.

R. Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!

 

O God, I will sing a new song to you;

with a ten-stringed lyre I will chant your praise,

You who give victory to kings,

and deliver David, your servant from the evil sword.

R. Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!

 

 

Alleluia                                                                      LK 19:38; 2:14

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord.

Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

 

Gospel                                                                       LK 13:31-35

Some Pharisees came to Jesus and said,

“Go away, leave this area because Herod wants to kill you.”

He replied, “Go and tell that fox,

‘Behold, I cast out demons and I perform healings today and tomorrow,

and on the third day I accomplish my purpose.

Yet I must continue on my way today, tomorrow, and the following day,

for it is impossible that a prophet should die

outside of Jerusalem.’

 

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem,

you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you,

how many times I yearned to gather your children together

as a hen gathers her brood under her wings,

but you were unwilling!

Behold, your house will be abandoned.

But I tell you, you will not see me until the time comes when you say,

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.” 

*****************************************Inline image 2

Wearing the Armor of God

 

It is fitting that as we approach All Saints Day, we're given the armor of God in today's first reading, because sainthood requires standing firm against the tactics of the devil. Likewise, it's a very appropriate scripture for Halloween, which is a "high holy day" for satanic and witchcraft covens, a day in which demonic forces are glorified in black masses and other occult rituals, in movies, and in parties and decorations that are used even by Christians.

 

Instead of cooperating with the Satan's intentions for Halloween, we should do everything possible to serve as signposts of Sainthood, pointing the world (starting with our families, our neighbors, our co-workers, and our fellow parishioners) to Christ and his examples of holiness.

 

Instead of allowing the forces of darkness to continue to harass us and oppress us and our loved ones and the world around us, we should be invading its territory with the light of Christ. We should use the armor of God, not as a magic scripture to quote, but as a lifestyle.

 

Here's how to put on this armor. Pray:

 

Father in Heaven, in the name of Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit, I ask you to help me wear the full armor of the Christian life, as described in Ephesians 6:10-17.

 

My loins are girded in truth, because I have chosen to imitate Jesus who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. I want to grow in my understanding of truth by studying your Word and the Church's teachings. Holy Spirit, help me to continually improve my ability to recognize the truth and to live by the truth.

 

I am clothed with righteousness as my breastplate, because Jesus died for my sins. By following him, I receive his righteousness. Holy Spirit, help me to identify my sinfulness so that I may repent and be restored to the full righteousness that Jesus has provided. I pray for your help in following Christ's example of holy living so that my righteousness is evident to everyone.

 

I am wearing the sandals of evangelization; help me to be ready throughout this day to spread the Gospel of Peace by the way I live my life. Let others see you, oh Lord, in me, as I respond to their needs and give them your unconditional love.

 

I am holding faith as my shield to protect me from temptation. Holy Spirit, you have given me faith as a gift. Help me to rely on this faith as I strive to remain on the path of righteousness and evangelization. May your faith keep me strong in times of trial.

 

My mind is protected by the helmet of salvation, because during my baptism I received the mind of Christ, who died for me and saved me from being destroyed by my sinfulness. Let your thoughts become ever clearer to me.

 

I am carrying and wielding the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Holy Spirit, help me to learn the Word so thoroughly that I can use it to defeat the devil and grow in holiness and help the Church advance the work and mission of your kingdom.

 

Thank you, Lord, for all this armor that you have given me. Amen!

 

Today's Prayer

 

Get into my heart, Lord, and work in it and don't stop even if it hurts. I want to let You reign in me, and to stop fighting You and be Your Holy Spirit's temple. Amen.


 

God Bless You.....

The Rosary Family
The mother of Jesus promised St. Dominic that, “one day through the rosary & the scapular I shall save the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment