Friday, May 8, 2020

SAINT QUOTE OF THE DAY : Saturday - May 09, 2020

THY WORD IS A LAMP UNTO MY FEET AND A LIGHT UNTO MY PATH" PSALM ...
  
Saturday - May 09, 2020


image.png

"So your strength is failing you? Why don't you tell your mother about it?...Mother! Call her with a loud voice. She is listening to you; she sees you in danger, perhaps, and she--your holy mother Mary--offers you, along with the grace of her son, the refuge of her arms, the tenderness of her embrace...and you will find yourself with added strength for the new battle."

- Saint Josemaria Escriva


Inline image 1

 

May 09 2020

 
« May 8  |  May 10 »

Saturday of the Fourth Week of Easter
Lectionary: 284

Reading 1ACTS 13:44-52

On the following sabbath
almost the whole city
gathered to hear the word of the Lord.
When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy
and with violent abuse contradicted what Paul said.
Both Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said,
“It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first,
but since you reject it
and condemn yourselves as unworthy of eternal life,
we now turn to the Gentiles.
For so the Lord has commanded us,
I have made you a light to the Gentiles,
that you may be an instrument of salvation
to the ends of the earth.”
The Gentiles were delighted when they heard this
and glorified the word of the Lord.
All who were destined for eternal life came to believe,
and the word of the Lord continued to spread
through the whole region.
The Jews, however, incited the women of prominence who were worshipers
and the leading men of the city,
stirred up a persecution against Paul and Barnabas,
and expelled them from their territory.
So they shook the dust from their feet in protest against them
and went to Iconium.
The disciples were filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.

Responsorial Psalm98:1, 2-3AB, 3CD-4

R.    (3cd)  All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.
or:
R.    Alleluia.
Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done wondrous deeds;
His right hand has won victory for him,
his holy arm.
R.    All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.
or:
R.    Alleluia.
The LORD has made his salvation known:
in the sight of the nations he has revealed his justice.
He has remembered his kindness and his faithfulness
toward the house of Israel.
R.    All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.
or:
R.    Alleluia.
All the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation by our God.
Sing joyfully to the LORD, all you lands;
break into song; sing praise.
R.    All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.
or:
R.    Alleluia.

AlleluiaJN 8:31B-32

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples,
and you will know the truth, says the Lord.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

GospelJN 14:7-14

Jesus said to his disciples:
“If you know me, then you will also know my Father.
From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
Philip said to Jesus,
“Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.”
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time
and you still do not know me, Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?
The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own.
The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me,
or else, believe because of the works themselves.
Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,
and will do greater ones than these,
because I am going to the Father.
And whatever you ask in my name, I will do,
so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.”
***************************************************************************Inline image 2
Intimacy with God    
image.png

    If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” Philip said to him, “Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves. Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father. And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.” 
    Opening Prayer: Lord, I desire that you open my eyes to see as you see, my mind to think as you think, and my heart to love as you love. I approach you today, Lord, as I would a dear friend. May this time of prayer lead to a more profound relationship with you. 
    Encountering Christ
    1. To Know the Father: Philip wanted to see the Father and asked Jesus to show him the Father. The petition came, most certainly, after having heard Jesus speak so frequently and so highly of his Father. It is hard to grasp what we don’t see. Jesus’s answer was probably surprising to Philip: “Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.” The answer Jesus gave may not have satisfied Philip’s curiosity, but invited him to believe, to lean on his experience of the Lord, and to trust that Jesus is the revelation of the Father, even if Philip didn’t understand it.
    2. Confidence: “If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.” Our Lord made this promise, yet how many times have we heard someone say that God did not answer their prayers? Jesus stipulated that we ask in his name, implying that we know his mind and heart. Getting to know the mind and heart of Jesus, so that we can align one’s prayer with his will, is a process that takes place over time; it is the fruit of daily mental prayer—time spent seeking intimacy with Our Lord.
    3. Spending Time with the Lord in Prayer: Intentionality is the key that opens the door to a deep and intimate relationship with Jesus. The devil knows how to distract us with a thousand other things that will take our mind away from a few quiet moments with the Lord. Let’s decide, as often as is necessary, to spend time with Jesus in prayer. 
    Conversing with Christ: Lord, fill my heart with your light. Through getting to know you, may I get to know myself and see more clearly what is in my heart—what should stay and what should go. Give me the grace of this deep and intimate relationship with you. 
    Resolution: Lord, today, by your grace, I will take a moment to evaluate my relationship with you to see if we have enough time together, and to see if you are inviting me to make any adjustments to my spiritual itinerary. 
    For Further Reflection: Jacques Phillipe has a wonderful book on prayer called Time For God.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless You.....
Rosary Family
The mother of Jesus promised St. Dominic that, “one day through the rosary & the scapular I shall save the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment