Sunday, March 29, 2020

Prayers during COVID19 outbreak suggested by our Bishop's Office

  • Prayers for Protection 

    • Psalm 91 Prayer

       Psalm 91 is a powerful psalm of protection which we can recite daily as a means of protection and strength during the Coronavirus outbreak.
    • A Special Prayer to The Blessed Virgin Mary

      O Mary, you shine continuously on our journey as a sign of salvation and hope.

      We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick.

      At the foot of the Cross you participated in Jesus’ pain, with steadfast faith.
      You, Salvation of the Roman People, know what we need. We are certain that you will provide, so that, as you did at Cana of Galilee, joy and feasting might return after this moment of trial.

      Help us, Mother of Divine Love, to conform ourselves to the Father’s will and to do what Jesus tells us: He who took our sufferings upon Himself, and bore our sorrows to bring us, through the Cross, to the joy of the Resurrection. Amen.

      We seek refuge under your protection, O Holy Mother of God. Do not despise our pleas – we who are put to the test – and deliver us from every danger, O glorious and blessed Virgin.

      [This prayer, recited by Pope Francis, addressed to the Blessed Virgin Mary, under the title of Salus Populi Romani "Salvation of the Roman People" is a prayer that can be applied to the whole church]

    • St. Patrick's Breastplate


      I arise today,
      through God's strength to pilot me,
      God's might to uphold me,
      God's wisdom to guide me,
      God's eye to look before me,
      God's ear to hear me,
      God's word to speak for me,
      God's hand to guard me,
      God's shield to protect me,
      God's host to save me.

      Christ be with me, Christ within me
      Christ behind me, Christ before me
      Christ beside me, Christ to win me
      Christ to comfort me and restore me.
      Christ beneath me, Christ above me
      Christ in quiet, Christ in danger
      Christ in hearts of all that love me
      Christ in mouth of friend or stranger.

       
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Prayers when we cannot attend mass in person
    • Prayer to your Guardian Angel

      Dear Guardian Angel, go for me to the church, there kneel down at Mass for me. At the Offertory, take me to God, and offer Him my service: What I am, what I have, offer as my gift. At the Consecration, with your seraphic strength, adore my Saviour truly present, praying for those who have loved me, for those who have offended me, and for those now deceased, that the blood of Jesus may purify them all. During Holy Communion, bring to me the body and blood of Jesus uniting Him with me in spirit, so that my heart may become His dwelling place. Plead with Him, that through His sacrifice all people throughout the world may be saved. When the Mass ends, bring home to me and to every home, the Lord’s blessing. Amen.

      (Proposed by Bishop Paul Hinder in his Message to the Faithful during the outbreak, when impeded from attending mass)

       
    • Act of Spiritual Communion

      My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
      I love you above all things, and I desire to receive you into my soul.

      Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.

      I embrace you as if you were already there and unite myself wholly to you.

      Never permit me to be separated from you.

      (By St. Alphonsus de Liguori, which can be recited at any time, but especially when watching the transmission of the mass and unable to receive Holy Communion)

No comments:

Post a Comment