Friday, February 28, 2020

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY : Saturday - February 29, 2020

Image result for I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners
image.png
Saturday - February 29, 2020

image.png

“Have patience with all things, 
but first of all with yourself.”
--St. Francis de Sales    


Inline image 1
TODAY'S READINGS

 

February 29 2020

 
« February 28  |  March 1 »

Saturday after Ash Wednesday
Lectionary: 222

Reading 1IS 58:9B-14

Thus says the LORD:
If you remove from your midst oppression,
false accusation and malicious speech;
If you bestow your bread on the hungry
and satisfy the afflicted;
Then light shall rise for you in the darkness,
and the gloom shall become for you like midday;
Then the LORD will guide you always
and give you plenty even on the parched land.
He will renew your strength,
and you shall be like a watered garden,
like a spring whose water never fails.
The ancient ruins shall be rebuilt for your sake,
and the foundations from ages past you shall raise up;
“Repairer of the breach,” they shall call you,
“Restorer of ruined homesteads.”
If you hold back your foot on the sabbath
from following your own pursuits on my holy day;
If you call the sabbath a delight,
and the LORD’s holy day honorable;
If you honor it by not following your ways,
seeking your own interests, or speaking with maliceB
Then you shall delight in the LORD,
and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;
I will nourish you with the heritage of Jacob, your father,
for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

Responsorial Psalm86:1-2, 3-4, 5-6

R.    (11ab)  Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
Incline your ear, O LORD; answer me,
for I am afflicted and poor.
Keep my life, for I am devoted to you;
save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God.
R.    Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for to you I call all the day.
Gladden the soul of your servant,
for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
R.    Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in kindness to all who call upon you.
Hearken, O LORD, to my prayer
and attend to the sound of my pleading.
R.    Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.

Verse Before The GospelEZ 33:11

I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked man, says the Lord,
but rather in his conversion, that he may live.

GospelLK 5:27-32

Jesus saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the customs post.
He said to him, “Follow me.”
And leaving everything behind, he got up and followed him.
Then Levi gave a great banquet for him in his house,
and a large crowd of tax collectors
and others were at table with them.
The Pharisees and their scribes complained to his disciples, saying,
“Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
Jesus said to them in reply,
“Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do.
I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners.”
*****************************************************************************
Inline image 2
How the Cross can Cure Depression

the Cross
"Follow me," says Jesus in Saturday's Gospel reading. And the other readings tell us how:

Remove oppression, false accusation and malicious speech; share your food with the hungry and satisfy the afflicted; honor the Lord, not following your own ways.

Then light shall replace your darkness. What makes you feel gloomy? Follow the Lord and he will guide you and will lead you to his abundance, even in the midst of parched and desert-like conditions. Following Jesus takes us to the purifying cross, but it also leads us to the fruits of purification, i.e., the benefits of being a child of God.

Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.

MY OWN CRUCIFIXION

Darkness closes in upon me,And hopelessness is near;This pain I cannot bear much longer --Why me, O God, why me?

My hands are nailed in bondage;I am not free to live.My feet are fastened firm;I am not free to move.Why me, O God, why me?

My life has not happened as it should;Not as I want it to.People mock me for believingthat this Christian life is good.Why me, O God, why me?

I try to love my brother,but he spits into my face.I try to teach the truth of God,but no one wants to hear.

I try to raise my children right,but rebellion rules their heart.I try to serve my spouse with love,but pride in medemands that I be served.Why me, O God, why me?

Love your enemy, You said, my Lord.Do good to those who hurt you.Be persistent in the Christian life,and your reward will be great in Heaven.
What about now, O Lord?Where is my reward?

Darkness closes in on me,and hopelessness is near.
My arms are stretched upon Your cross;I feel the crown of thorns.This is my reward, O Lord?

Yes, this is my reward!
I share Your pain, I share Your death.For when I stretch upon Your cross,You and I are one, O Lord,You and I are one.

Never else have I felt this close to You,and together we shall riseto victoryin the glory of my crucifixion!
--------------------------------
    God Bless You.....
    Rosary Family
    The mother of Jesus promised St. Dominic that, “one day through the rosary & the scapular I shall save the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment