Friday, June 1, 2018

SAINT QUOTE OF THE DAY : Saturday - June 02, 2018

Image result for authority of christ
Saturday - June 02, 2018


"Whether, therefore, we receive what we ask for, or do not receive it, let us still continue steadfast in prayer. For to fail in obtaining the desires of our heart, when God so wills it, is not worse than to receive it; for we know not as He does, what is profitable to us." 

-St. John Chrysostom


Inline image 1


 


 

June 2, 2018

 
« June 1  |  June 3 »

Saturday of the Eighth Week in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 352

Reading 1JUDE 17, 20B-25

Beloved, remember the words spoken beforehand
by the Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Build yourselves up in your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit.
Keep yourselves in the love of God
and wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ
that leads to eternal life.
On those who waver, have mercy; 
save others by snatching them out of the fire;
on others have mercy with fear,
abhorring even the outer garment stained by the flesh.

To the one who is able to keep you from stumbling
and to present you unblemished and exultant,
in the presence of his glory,
to the only God, our savior,
through Jesus Christ our Lord
be glory, majesty, power, and authority
from ages past, now, and for ages to come. Amen.

Responsorial PsalmPS 63:2, 3-4, 5-6

R. (2b) My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O God, you are my God whom I seek;
for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts 
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water. 
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory,
For your kindness is a greater good than life;
my lips shall glorify you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name.
As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.

AlleluiaSEE COL 3:16A, 17C

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly;
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

GospelMK 11:27-33

Jesus and his disciples returned once more to Jerusalem.
As he was walking in the temple area,
the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders
approached him and said to him,
"By what authority are you doing these things?
Or who gave you this authority to do them?"
Jesus said to them, "I shall ask you one question.
Answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things. 
Was John's baptism of heavenly or of human origin? Answer me."
They discussed this among themselves and said,
"If we say, 'Of heavenly origin,' he will say,
'Then why did you not believe him?'
But shall we say, 'Of human origin'?"– 
they feared the crowd,
for they all thought John really was a prophet.
So they said to Jesus in reply, "We do not know."
Then Jesus said to them,
"Neither shall I tell you by what authority I do these things."

***********************************************************Inline image 2

IF YOU ARE A PROPHET
In the Gospel of Mark, Chapter 11, verses 27 and 28, we see Jesus who, with his preaching and miracles, shakes the "world" of the high priests, the scribes, and the elders, forcing them to ask: "By what authority do you do this?"

Everyone who speaks of the Lord with anointing (the touch of the Holy Spirit) attracts the attention of others. People are drawn by the words. All, to some extent, suspend what they are doing to ask themselves, "What is this?" Then each person responds.

Some move towards those words to continue listening more carefully. Their hearts are willing, their souls are hungry, their spirits are open, and they are transformed by those words. Victory of the Lord and of man! 

Together as partners, the Maker and the creature are invincible.

Others feel restless. Something stirs uncomfortably within them. Their brow furrows as distrust emerges. "Beware!" their spirit shouts. "Threat!" And immediately they feel rejection and a desire to silence the voice that announces and denounces.

Between one reaction and another, there are infinite nuances: wonder, fear, doubt, guilt, prejudice, fatigue, disinterest, irritation, outrage, etc. There are as many different reactions as human beings on earth.

But the truth is that the voice that proclaims the Word of the Lord inevitably causes some reaction. If not, it is not truly the Word of the Lord. It is merely a human word with good intentions.

If you are proclaiming the Word of the Lord, you should expect all those reactions within those who listen to you: availability, joy, acceptance, uncertainty, annoyance, rejection, anger, persecution and, possibly, your death. If you are proclaiming the Word of the Lord, many lives will be transformed. Joy will be a clear sign of authenticity. Persecution will be, too.

If you are proclaiming the Word of the Lord, pray. Ask the Lord to strengthen your spirit so the applause does not make your soul proud and fear of persecution does not weaken your will.

Pray! Pray always and rejoice in your Lord!

-----------------------------
God Bless You.....
Rosary Family
The mother of Jesus promised St. Dominic that, “one day through the rosary & the scapular I shall save the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment